Unity3D Runtime Import Library
Lab: File I/O import library supporting multiple formats and platforms.
** It is with my apologies that due to high levels of interest from other parties and ‘having to put food on the table’ as such, I am not disclosing further work based upon this initial library, the version below remains free for all to edit and use, but I have since improved the code for multiple platforms and made it much more object oriented so feel the code is a little too valuable to me to release gratis for this very moment. Please feel free to contact me if you have further enquiries with regards to this – Jon
The aim of this project was to provide a cross platform all inclusive plug-in based library for Unity3d Pro users to aid developers trying to create runtime application based functionality in there own unity projects. The focus was on creating a solution that ran perfectly for PC /Mac standalone solutions, for instance see the space project which was an outcome of this work :http://space.fusedworks.com
The library was to hopefully offer Unity users things such as a file browser, processing bar, access to runtime mesh, texture, audio, video and material libraries, import support for OBJ, DAE, 3DS, and the standalone use of a DLL for conversion of H264, MP4, WMV to OGG THEORA and MP3, WAV, AIFF to OGG VORBIS (however the last part is still to be achieved).
The library as it exist below is released under MIT and certain import modules under their own MIT licenses, so it is fine for anyone to play with and utilise.
The what is included:-
- Load via inbuilt file browser complete with skinned GUI (non-web platforms only)
- Load via path (all target platforms)
- Load .OBJ & meshes & materials (all target platforms)
- Load .DAE & meshes & materials (all target platforms)
- Auto Progressive Mesh LowPoly Collision Generation
- Auto Scaling, Centering, Handles Parenting and Instances
- Project Creation Generation and File/Folder Handling
- Mesh Serialisation and Texture Saving to Project Folder